Monday, May 21, 2012

To Be Limitless

For my first 5k experience, I believe I did fairly well. I didn't trip over my own feet, I didn't run into anyone, I didn't venture off into uncharted territory and I was able to keep up with the general pace ...Well that was until 20 minutes had passsed, I was out of breath and I was thirsty for anything! Have I mentioned I live in Florida where is it unbearably hot around 9am, combine the heat with my attempt at running and we have a recipe for a possible disaster.


With every step I took my mind began to wander to "Where is the finish line?" "How much longer?"


Luckly for me, my loving husband was with me every small step I took. It may have taken me all of 35 minutes to complete the 3 miles, but I feel a sense of accomplishment with those 35 minutes. It's a starting pace. Shockingly I even beat a few people across that finish line!



What I have learned from my first experience is that I may not have enjoyed the run at the moment but the ending resulting has me.....


Running for the Future!

No comments:

Post a Comment