Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Across the Pond

Explore.Dream.Discover.

I dream of the day, most frequently on a daily occurrence, of walking into the British Airways terminal and making those relatively small steps onto the aircraft and closer to my dream of traveling through the United Kingdom. If you really know me you know I love absolutely anything British, the culture, the language, the history, absolutely everything! Lately, I have been encompassing my time by researching and making elaborate day schedules of where I would travel, the times I would visit the museums and the lavish gardens on the Windsor estates. The Roman Baths, The Shambles, Stonehenge, Buckingham Palace, the Tower of London, the London Eye, Elizabeth Tower, St. Paul's Cathedral, and Piccadilly Circus. I could continue onto a much longer list of all the places I truly wish to see and experience. Ever since I was little I have been attracted to the culture and heritage of  all things English. Not to mention the accent is to die for! 
The Round Tower at Windsor Castle
Windsor Castle-courtesy of their Official Travel site
The Vatican City-courtesy of their Official Travel Site
 
Is it absolutely ridiculous to plan a trip when I have no idea when I could travel across the pond? I wish I could drop everything and just go! Travel to the unknown, experience what the world truly has to offer, and learn along the way. My need to travel and experience the world I believe hinders me, unfortunately unbeknownst to me the majority of the time. There are so many opportunities I want to grab a hold of and accomplish and I know patience is a virtue, but this virtue is just something I have not been graced with. What would truly happen if I were to book the flights to Heathrow airport? Believe me, my fascination is not only with England, it is also with Italy, Scotland and Ireland. I dream of traveling through Italy and experiencing the pastries, pastas and their love of life. In short the only three words that have been circling around in my head for the past months have been:
 Explore. Dream. Discover.

And One Day I Shall!

Until that day arrives I am much busy this weekend with my Niece's birthday, The Hubby participating in 5k Hog Run, my Mom comes into town and of course all things wonderful and filled with sprinkles! Happy Hump Day to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment